EXIT Blue Water Realty
We Use the #1 HOA/Condo Management software in the industry!!
6 Biggest Homeowner Association Management Complaints.
For many, HOA's are a "seen but not heard" element of home ownership. Things work, dues are reasonable and neighbors get along with one another. A good HOA Management Company handles all the critical aspects of the community, and the Board acts responsibly.
However, things can go awry. And when they do, the lack of a good HOA manager can mean the difference between minor frustrations and full-blown disaster. Sometimes, even the best management agencies will have difficulty satisfying all Board members and homeowners. Here are the top complaints we hear about management company performance:
- Failure to respond to inquiries in a timely manner. This is the single biggest complaint about ineffective HOA managers. Companies that submit reports as part of their contractual responsibilities tend to perform better since there is a verifiable record of all s made and responses given.
- Unreasonable delays in resolving homeowner problems. These types of issues generally find their way to Board Members and are a major irritant. Keeping a written record that includes their ultimate resolution is a must-have from an HOA services firm.
- Inconsiderate or disrespectful tone when communicating with homeowners. Given the extensive people and the unreasonableness of some homeowners, it's important that the manager be fair, firm and unbiased to avoid escalation of issues. Diplomacy and consistent communication is a must.
- Delays in fixing maintenance issues. Maintenance issues, large or small, reflect on the entire community.
- Poor vendor selection. Using low-quality or unscrupulous vendors is the quickest way to lose confidence in the Board and the associated management company.
- Last but not least & Maybe some of the Biggest complaints are. Poor accounting, banking, record keeping, collecting monies in a timely manner and no one is ever in the office or it's closed.
If you feel the same as we do then us we have made certain not to make these mistakes and have fined tuned our own brand of H.O.A management we are sure you will be very happy you did.
H.O.A INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT Karen & Bill Farragher
Thank You giving us a chance to earn your business.
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)