Property Management Laws in Nevada | Halby

Must Nevada property management companies have a real estate broker's license?

Yes. Property management is expressly considered a real estate activity requiring a real estate broker's license under existing Nevada real estate licensing laws. If a property manager is going to lease, rent, list, collect rents, procure prospects or negotiate, assist, or offer to perform any of those acts, he or she will need either a salesperson's OR broker's license. In addition, he or she must obtain a property manager permit.

Are there any exceptions to the requirement that a Nevada property manager have a real estate broker's license?

YES. For example, no broker's license is required if the property manager does not engage in leasing activities, or if they are strictly on-site managers.

For more information about these and other Nevada property management requirements and exceptions, please the

Before hiring a property manager to manage your Nevada rental property, you should always check that he or she is licensed appropriately. You can check the license status of Nevada property managers at the

More Property Law: Evictions & Security Deposits

Looking for more property law information? You can find an exhaustive collection of state eviction and security deposit laws on our parent company's website. Click the below link to be taken to Buildium's legal database.

Nevada Community Association Management Licensing

Effective January 1, 2008 Nevada community association managers and condo association managers must be certified by the Commission for Common Interest Communities.

For more information about the CAM License, please the , which is a division of the Nevada Real Estate Division.

Nevada Property Management Permit Requirements

Nevada property management permit requirements include:

Nevada Real Estate Salesperson License Requirements

Nevada real estate salesperson licensing requirements include:

Nevada Real Estate Broker License Requirements

Nevada real estate broker licensing requirements include:

Nevada Community Association Manager Certification Requirements

Those involved in common interest community management must obtain a CAM certificate. Requirements include:

The CAM certificate is valid for two years.

For more specific information about licensing, including forms, can be found at the Division's

IMPORTANT: This information is intended for informational purposes only and under no circumstances should it be considered legal advice or relied upon without first confirming its contents with your state real estate commission. Laws are updated frequently, and this information may not reflect the current law in your state. To confirm the specific requirements for each state, please your state real estate commission.

Property Management Requirements Main Page

also read