What are property management supplies?
Property management requires a broad range of supplies to ensure a smooth, streamlined management process and property. Property management supplies can refer to everything from flags, banners and marketing products to management tools, software, grounds control and safety items. Categories can be misleading, as every major supplier of property management products has their own way of organizing their stock. However, some of the common product groups might include these: management tools; marketing tools for curb appeal; parking, grounds control and security products; maintenance forms and supplies; resident retention items; and outdoor and pool accessories.
"Management tools" is the broadest category and encompasses both large and small items. Larger products might include property amenities like key and rent collection boxes, fire safes and status boards. Smaller management tools might include office supplies like stationery and notepads, property checks, software, purchase orders, rental forms, and personalized shirts or property management items.
Marketing tools for curb appeal often refer to the bright and attention grabbing signs, balloons, and displays often seen at the entrance to office and apartment complexes or in front of homes for sale. Signs, flags, door-hangers and banners are also generally used for advertising and marking areas inside and outside the property; these might include rental specials, notices to tenants, newly remodeled unit signs, traffic signs, building number labels, parking directions and the like.
Parking products can include anything from signage, to parking permits and violation slips. Grounds control products include items like trash and recycling receptacles, pet waste products, and outdoor lighting. Security products range from simulated or genuine surveillance cameras, smoke and fire alarms, to door bracers and counterfeit detecting pens.
Maintenance forms and supplies cover all paperwork necessary to keep a property operating smoothly, including maintenance requests and books, door hangers, notices, work orders, and receipts.
Resident retention items refer to small, often personalized gifts like key chains, gift baskets, certificates and other little treats for renters or potential tenants.
Finally, outdoor and pool accessories might include barbecue grills, bike racks, benches, smoking stations, lounge furniture, umbrellas, and security or safety fencing.
Property management supplies can be found easily online or in most general supply stores. This is just a truncated list of possible products, and gives an overview of the overwhelming selection of products available today.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community