What is a property management association?
Property management associations (also known as property manager associations) are organizations that support the community of property management professionals. Whether at a local, state or national level, property management organizations promote the interests of several types of property managers.
Major real estate property management associations include organizations like the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), the National Apartment Association (NAA), The Community Associations Institute (CAI), the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), and the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM). All of these organizations seek to promote the interests of real estate managers in some form or capacity.
These associations, with membership, provide some or all of the following: education opportunities; area conferences; a community and networking opportunities; lobbying representation at the state or national level; resources specifically designed for professional managers; and other helpful services. Education opportunities can range from seminars and workshops to training for professional designations; conferences can be for local independent chapters to network, or large, national scale events that draw managers from across the country. Many of these associations" websites have forums and directories to make it easier for managers to connect, ask questions and share knowledge. They also provide online tools like reports, listing services, and free subscriptions to trade magazines and newsletters.
Another type of industry association which refers to itself as a ?property management association? is the National Property Management Association (NPMA) which supports managers of personal property and fixed assets. Unlike real estate property management, these managers generally deal with assets that are ?not readily convertible to cash? like machinery and fixtures.1
Property management associations have long been a staple in the property management industry providing a community, resource and unified voice for professional managers across the United States, and in some cases, worldwide.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community