Property Management Laws in Maryland
Must Maryland property management companies have a real estate broker's license?
No. A broker's license is not required to manage rental property in Maryland.
Must Maryland community association managers have a real estate broker's license?
NO. A broker's license is not required to manage community associations or condo associations in Maryland.
For more information about these and other licensing requirements please the . You can also obtain useful information on their
MUST-KNOW INFO FOR PROPERTY MANAGERS:
Maryland Eviction Laws
Evictions are awful - perhaps the worst task property managers must perform. If you're in the business long enough, you'll likely have to go through the eviction process at least once.
Here's a local example of a Maryland eviction: Frustration with troublesome tenants has prompted many landlords to install new locks, shut off utilities, and kick tenants' belongings to the curb. In 2012 alone, landlords locked more than 300 families out of their homes. These "self-help evictions" are illegal in Maryland - but as one Baltimore couple discovered, there are exceptions.
IMPORTANT:This information is intended for informational purposes only and under no circumstances should it be considered legal advice or relied upon without first confirming its contents with your state real estate commission. Laws are updated frequently, and this information may not reflect the current law in your state. To confirm the specific requirements for each state, please your state real estate commission.
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community