The property management company you hire will play a key role in the success of your property investment venture. Here are some interview questions that will help you determine which property manager you should hire:
- How many years have you been a property manager?
- Have you had any formal training in the field?
- What systems do you have in place that allow you to do your job efficiently?
- What aspects of property management do you find particularly rewarding/challenging?
Availability and Communication
- What are your office hours?
- What is your availability after hours? What arrangements do you have in place to handle emergencies?
- How quickly do you return phone calls?
- What types of regular communication can I expect to receive from you?
- How do you go about pricing rentals?
- What vendors do you use for maintenance and other projects? How long have you worked with each of them?
- Do you use property management software for recording-keeping purposes? What types of records do you keep?
- In your view, what are the key elements of keeping an income property turning a profit?
Dealing With Difficult Tenants
- Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with a disruptive tenant. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- What percentage of past tenants have you had to evict?
- How does the evictions process work in this state?
- What legal services do you employ?
Find Property Managers Near You
Select Property Type
- HOME / CONDO
- Single Home or Condo (Valued up to $300K)
- Single Home or Condo ($300K to $500K)
- Single Home or Condo ($500K to $1 Million)
- Single Home or Condo (Over $1 Million)
- Multi-Family (2-4 units)
- Multi-Family (5-19 units)
- Multi-Family (20-99 units)
- Multi-Family (100+ units)
- Homeowners Association (2-49 units)
- Homeowners Association (50-99 units)
- Homeowners Association (100+ units)
- Condominium Association (2-49 units)
- Condominium Association (50-99 units)
- Condominium Association (100+ units)
- Retail (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Retail (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Retail (100,000+ sqft)
- Office (Up to 9,999 sqft)
- Office (10,000 - 100,000 sqft)
- Office (100,000+ sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Warehouse/Distribution (100,000+ sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (Up to 100,000 sqft)
- Light Manufacturing (100,000+ sqft)
- Parking Garage
- Vacation (1-2 units)
- Vacation (3+ units)
- Other Associations (Hotel, Resort etc.)
- Mobile Home Community